Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Day 1 - A fresh start

A little more than two years ago, I started this blog as a way to gain a better appreciation for what God has blessed me with in this life. I wanted to have joy in all things, having a change of heart to see the continual good that God is always giving in the big and small things in my life and those around me. Well life became busy more than two years ago when we decided to sell our starter house. The blog was put on the back burner because well life happened. Hours of painting, yard clean up, de-cluttering and whatever else went into getting our house ready to sell literally consumed my life for a few months. Looking back on old posts of when I did this for first time, I see a change of mind starting and right now I really need that with what is going on in our lives.

For day one on my second attempt at putting on my rose colored glasses, I would like to be grateful today for the inspiring words of my churches leaders. Recently, our family has been going through a hard time financially making me feel depleted from working two jobs resulting in my spiritual bucket needing the balm of living waters  to inspire, uplift and renew the spiritual depletion I have been feeling. Every talk I listened to at General Conference reminded me that He loves me, He knows how I am feeling and He knows the righteous desires of my heart. There is Joy to be felt in any situation and it made me realize how I needed to start doing that for my spiritual heath! I had put my self into a bad habit of being angry and sad of "Why are we still here?", and, "Are you even listening?" These feelings are normal but kept me from truly seeing the good that was all around me. I love General Conference and have felt the Saviors Grace heal my heart and give me rest. He loves us and His love is no matter what. He knows what is best for us and sometimes we wont see that, if we do not see the Joy in all things.

"When the focus of our lives is on Jesus Christ and His gospel, we can feel joy regardless of what is happening—or not happening—in our lives."
- Russell M Nelson 

No comments:

Post a Comment