Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Day 57

13 years ago I checked into Providence medical center in Portland, OR at 6am.
 
I was young, scared and had no clue what was in store for me in becoming a new mother.
 
Being so young, I was naïve, innocent in my understanding of what motherhood was all about. I read
 
any book I could get my hands onto, proving to everyone and myself, that I would be the best mother
 
I could be. Some people worried with how young I was that it was too soon and I will agree with
 
them...yes, I was too young. I became a mother at 18years old but what I did have and could give my
 
daughter 100%, was my heart. My love for her was unconditional before she was even born, so deep
 
 it was foreign to my heart, a feeling of a overwhelming zealousness to protect her from anything that
 
 could hurt her. I wanted to give her everything. I wanted to see her grow up intelligent, strong,
 
courageous and spiritually minded. I wanted her to know she was a daughter of God who loved her.
 
After a long day of ups and downs, an epidural that half worked and 3 hours of hard back labor,
 
Diana rose entered into this world beautiful just as her name describes her with thick black hair,
 
 brown eyes, pink cheeks. and dimples. A few minutes after she was born, the grandparents and Keith
 
 were talking amongst one another as I held this little piece of heaven in my arms. As I gazed at this
 
 angelic little girl, she opened her eyes, looked at me and smiled. As she smiled, dimples popped up
 
on her cute pink cheeks. I told everyone, "Come look! She has dimples." By the time they turned
 
 around, she was fast sleep smiling with the secret that only her and her mama knew; she had dimples!
 
It took another month before her dimples made another appearance and everyone believed me :).
 
Today, Diana is a beautiful young woman who makes me proud in every sense.
 
She is intelligent.
 
Strong.
 
Driven.
 
Thoughtful and sweet.
 
She has a testimony of the gospel and loves to serve.
 
She loves her brother and sisters.
 
She has a desire to learn.
 
She is funny.
 
But most of all....
 
She is my daughter.
 
You made ME a mother.
 
You changed me and made me want to be a better person. You showed me what it is to love another
 
human being so much, you would do anything for them. I love you Diana.
 
I am grateful for YOU today and that 13 years ago, you made me a mother ♥
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment