Sunday, March 9, 2014

Day 68

I am grateful for Abraham's example of faith to me. 
Today I taught my primary class about when God asked Abraham to sacrifice his only son, Issac.
As a parent when I was reading this lesson I was trying to wrap my head around what Abraham was asked to do and grateful that I have never been asked to do such a sacrifice. We will all be asked to sacrifice things in our lives; doing so enriches our lives and makes us enlighten our minds.
Every day we are asked to stand for truth and righteousness, to wear our honor and be moral compasses to those who are around us.

Doing that comes with a price sometimes that is not easy but the blessings in return are ten fold and worth every sacrifice.

One of my favorite scriptures is proverbs 3: 5-6, "Trust in the Lord with all thine heart and lean not unto thy own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him and he shall direct thy paths."

May we all remember that the Lord is there to catch up, to guide us and to teach us.





No comments:

Post a Comment