Sunday, January 26, 2014

Day 26

Tonight, we had the LDS missionaries (commonly wear black suits and name tags) over for dinner. 
I am grateful for the spirit they bring into our home and along with that, the example they set for my children in their example of service to the Lord. Keith and I did not have the opportunity to serve missions before we were married, so it's important for me to have them in our home. 

I like to think of them as my own children because some day, another mama, somewhere around the world, will bless the life not only of my child but me by taking care of my baby by having he or she in her home for dinner or whatever the occasion may be. 

They leave their homes for 18 months to 2 years. 

That is a long time in the worlds view. 

BUT 

in the eternal perspective of things, it really is short. 

Lives are blessed....

of the missionaries, their families and of those they teach.

Tonight they shared a message from Helaman 5:12 
" And now, my sons, remember, remember that it is upon the rock of our Redeemer, who is Christ, the Son of God, that ye must build your foundation; that when the devil shall send forth his mighty winds, yea, his shafts in the whirlwind, yea, when all his hail and his mighty storm shall beat upon you, it shall have no power over you to drag you down to the gulf of misery and endless wo, because of the rock upon which ye are built, which is a sure foundation, a foundation whereon if men build they cannot fall."

They asked my family the question, "In what ways can we make our foundation stronger?"

Responses were: The YW values, following the commandments, repenting, and prayer. 

To build our foundation, praying to our Father in Heaven is one of the most important. Just like a little child wants his parents in times of need or despair, we too will go to the Lord in our times of need,if we have built that relationship with him.

A wonderful way to end the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment